Thursday, December 31, 2009

I Don't Want to Be a Strong Man

Strong men oppress the righteous
like wicked imperial whores,
shatter dreams of justice,
and churn hope to blistered sores.

Strong man, wicked is your brawn.
I hate the way it is steering me.
Strong man, pity for your pawn.
Your strength is pure tyranny.

I don't wanna be a strong man.

I want to be a humiliated black man
a castigated woman
an alienated Jew man
a prostituted Thai kid.

I want to be a weak man.

I want to be a mocked Asian man
a knocked lesbian
a locked, caged man
a defrocked reverend.

I want to be a weak man.

Stared up at Calvary,
with my eyes engrossed
by an image shocking me:
My Lord nailed on a cross,
soaked in his holy blood
like a good man should.
For all his wonder and majesty,
for all the light he shone,
this Son of God hung in impotency,
taken down by mighty Rome.

And he was a weak man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home